The Rise of Civilizations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technological progression

5 posters

Go down

Technological progression Empty Technological progression

Post  Avidyasattva Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Since the general pace of the game these days is generally quite slow, with only a few updates each year, I feel we will remain in the bronze/iron age periphery forever. While we cannot do anything about the pace of the game, I feel we could speed up the technological development of the game somewhat by reducing the necessary civ points to develop new techs. I'm not suggest reducing it to the point where new techs some every turn but as I've understood now each tech update in the Iron Age requires 40.000 civ points, which I would guess is more than what some players have managed to accumulate throughout the entire game.

How about we reduce the necessary points to something more manageable, so we can see a little faster technological development in the game?
Avidyasattva
Avidyasattva

Antal inlägg : 241
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Technological progression Empty Re: Technological progression

Post  Avidyasattva Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Perhaps reducing it to ten or twenty thousand would be more reasonable? I think most players will still need quite a few turns to amass that many points, but hopefully it's not too little. What do you, my fellow players, think? And what does the most honourable Engineer think?
Avidyasattva
Avidyasattva

Back to top Go down

Post  TheVoice Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't want to start hopping through the ages - much prefer the depth and detail we've got to a traditional Civilisation-style sweep - but we do go an awfully long time without anything new.
TheVoice
TheVoice

Antal inlägg : 244
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Giwi Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:38 pm

I agree with this because I think the strategical situation that depends on technology has remained static for a long time. I wouldn't mind technology to go an unhistorical route either.
Giwi
Giwi

Antal inlägg : 180
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Naagi Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm already accelerating through the ages at a pretty fast in game pace. I think the main issue is that it *feels* too long now that turns have stalled from bi-monthly to bi-yearly.

One suggestion I have been musing with would be, perhaps, for two deputy GMs rise to assist Enrique in trivial tasks like map updating, which I assume is the primary burden. Trivial things burn out anyone over a long period of time. Myself included, in those games I have GMd in.

Of course, we wouldn't want our competitors to get an edge in regards to the map, of knowledge of continental happenings, but the cleared solution for this to me is that we have 2 deputy GMs from the players.

One from Hyu Jyfala to take care of our continent and abhainnia,

And one from our continent to assist with updates on Hyu Jyfala.

This would give Rique two assistants who can still play the game without negatively impacting the players within their own political arena.

It's not like the continents will discover each other for a LONG time. So I don't see why this solution to help the game get running more smoothly would see much opposition.

The biggest issue I think is game pace, which has naturally slowed as the political climate grew more and more intertwined and complex. I believe this implementation would alleviate some of the issue.
Naagi
Naagi

Antal inlägg : 100
Registreringsdatum : 2013-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Avidyasattva Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:05 am

If it could speed up the game and make it more than an annual thing, I'd support it. I could even volunteer to assist with Hyu Jifala.
Avidyasattva
Avidyasattva

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:01 am

maybe we should have more game masters?
Avanti
Avanti

Antal inlägg : 277
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-11