Have you named your continent yet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have you named your continent yet?

Post  The Benevolent One on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 pm

The Solastic Protectorate of Greater Raidhsénia is taking the liberty of naming its host continent.

It is now to be known as 'Abhainnia' which is derived from the Raidhsén for 'land of rivers'.
avatar
The Benevolent One

Antal inlägg : 255
Registreringsdatum : 2013-04-07
Ort : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  Giwi on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:29 pm

What is this "continent" you speak of?
Just kidding but you get it, as far as we know the earth is a flat pangea
avatar
Giwi

Antal inlägg : 172
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  The Benevolent One on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Giwi wrote:What is this "continent" you speak of?
Just kidding but you get it, as far as we know the earth is a flat pangea

Greater Abhainnia is seperated by very distinct natural markers such as mountainous ranges and different colour of grass. We feel that a name for the broader region outside our nation is becoming more pertinent.
avatar
The Benevolent One

Antal inlägg : 255
Registreringsdatum : 2013-04-07
Ort : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  TheVoice on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Yeah, it is unlikely that most if any civilisation in the game yet has any concept of 'continent'.

I also imagine each civ will eventually name the continents and which one wins out will depend on all kinds of cultural factors.
avatar
TheVoice

Antal inlägg : 231
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  The Benevolent One on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 pm

TheVoice wrote:Yeah, it is unlikely that most if any civilisation in the game yet has any concept of 'continent'.

I also imagine each civ will eventually name the continents and which one wins out will depend on all kinds of cultural factors.

We already have an offshore colony.
avatar
The Benevolent One

Antal inlägg : 255
Registreringsdatum : 2013-04-07
Ort : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  TheVoice on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 pm

So...?
avatar
TheVoice

Antal inlägg : 231
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  Giwi on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 pm

The Benevolent One wrote:
TheVoice wrote:Yeah, it is unlikely that most if any civilisation in the game yet has any concept of 'continent'.

I also imagine each civ will eventually name the continents and which one wins out will depend on all kinds of cultural factors.

We already have an offshore colony.

Nice, just watch out for famine Very Happy
avatar
Giwi

Antal inlägg : 172
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  The Benevolent One on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:49 pm

TheVoice wrote:So...?
it means that we understand that our mainland is not the only landmass.

It is in our political interests for our neighbouring clans to have a sense of identity beyond their own nations. It is something we plan to push over the next few turns.
avatar
The Benevolent One

Antal inlägg : 255
Registreringsdatum : 2013-04-07
Ort : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  The Benevolent One on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Giwi wrote:
The Benevolent One wrote:
TheVoice wrote:Yeah, it is unlikely that most if any civilisation in the game yet has any concept of 'continent'.

I also imagine each civ will eventually name the continents and which one wins out will depend on all kinds of cultural factors.

We already have an offshore colony.

Nice, just watch out for famine Very Happy

they are a self sufficient fishing settlement with plenty of stocks. They are in no danger of hunger.
avatar
The Benevolent One

Antal inlägg : 255
Registreringsdatum : 2013-04-07
Ort : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  Avanti on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:33 am

ezam gar'dah
avatar
Avanti

Antal inlägg : 271
Registreringsdatum : 2013-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you named your continent yet?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum